Some (quite some actually) time ago my husband ordered Home Sweet Home from Australia for me as a Christmas present. With us living in the EU the shipping and customs turned out to be more than twice the price of the book in addition - ugh.
Having made that experience also ordering the materials from overseas was not really a realistic option. So I started looking for equivalent bits and pieces on our continent (mostly), which became quite a feat. After all I did not really have a real reference. What size are the bees I would need? What are the actual colors of this or that thread? After over a year of collecting I finally made the first stitch. Knowing that a long way will still be ahead of me I thought it might be a good idea to document the process of this project, if not for others then at least for me, for future reference and to see if I am able to learn form mistakes (I really hope I am!).
Since I am an avid reader of quite a lot of blogs I saw a lot of bloggers develop their skills, not necessarily their needlework related ones only, but also about how to make pictures and how to write about what they are doing. It seems like a fun journey so let's give it a try guys!
For a start, here is a picture of all the stuff I have collected for the HSH project up to now.

No comments:
Post a Comment